Monday, March 26, 2012

Savor Your Amazingness!

So I really should be in bed and will be in a few, but...just jogged and feel the need to write before I forget what I wanted to write about (again!). 


These days I'm learning to take it easy.  I've always got what seems like a million things to do, yet I'm learning it's okay to stop for 5 minutes.  That saying "stop and smell the roses" really rings true and you should do it if you ever see roses.  They're not common in Texas unless they're in a vase.  ;-) 


Okay, so I'm learning how to walk my dog and train him.  Sorta.  I've gotten advice on what to do and am trying everything I hear.  The main thing is that I'm working on my own fears that are causing the both of us problems.  He sure does sit when he's inside the house for those snacks, but when we're outside, he's just too distracted.  It's not always so I'm not giving up hope.  I'm still taking advice and hope that he will improve.  Well...that WE will improve.  


Today was a very long day for some reason.  Got a lot done and I appreciate the ability to get a 1500 word assignment turned in on time.  Thank you Jesus!  I've seen some posts on facebook today where some just feel like it was an "odd" day.  I've seen this in the past week also, as if there's something in the air.  


On a religious note, I have to wonder if any of this has to do with what many see as the end of times.  Things will get worse before this world comes to an end and I just have to wonder if many are in denial or if it's a combination of finally noticing and realizing life on this earth is simply diminishing. 


All we can do is hold on to each other.  The human spirit is amazing.  Kindness helps and heals.  Emotions can make you laugh and cry all in a single moment.  A touch can make you tingle or cringe.  We are an amazing bunch...and sometimes we need to be reminded that we're special enough to savor it!

No comments:

Post a Comment