Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Day at a Time

I can't believe it's been so long since I've been able to write.  Life has definitely been in a changing cycle of miscellaneous these days.  So I have been jogging even though I haven't been writing, but it hasn't been much.  I did run the LiveStrong Paramount 5K on January 19th which I believe I'll make an annual attempt to accomplish.  Wish I could do the marathon or half, as it was something I had considered, but it's just not something I'm making time for these days. 


So my last run was Saturday, 3/24/12.  My knee didn't act up at all and I think the lack of continuous jogging may have helped.  Of course, I've also been working on thigh exercises which I've heard helps as well.  


As I ran, I noticed that everyone was jogging backwards.  It was a first for me.  Okay, so by jogging backwards, I mean that everyone was jogging towards me, not in the same direction.  I've never had that happen.  It was just kind of odd that "everyone was doing it".  I wasn't worried, but did feel like the odd man out.  I passed my ex-landlord and waved a hello as I jogged by him, his wife, and two dogs.  Jogging really can lead to randomness...Hmmm?


Speaking of dogs...I've been getting advice on how to work with mine so he's not so pit-bull aggressivy.  (I understand this is not a word, so bear with me.)  He's great with people, but not so with other dogs.  Well, I'm working with him and I successfully diverted his attention from a little dog while on a walk not to long ago.  Yay for the both of us! 


Lately, I seem to find myself pondering the wonderful people in my life.  As I mentioned...I have this miscellaneous of happenings these days and the support of my friends has been incredible.  People really are amazing and can lift you up when you really need them.  


I found out today that an old friend died.  Through this, I was reminded of other friends who had died.  What a sad moment to reflect on.  Life is really too short to waste it.  Plain and simple, that's what most of us do.  Of course, if you're like me, you do too much so as to try and not waste it, but whatever it takes for each person...It's important to just keep jogging...I mean, to just keep forging ahead and don't let anything get you down.  


I told myself that it would be okay if I didn't run even half of my usual 3 miles since I haven't jogged in about a month.  Well, that wasn't good enough.  I ended up jogging about 3/4 of my run.  With no knee pain, I'd say it was a good day. 


One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment