Sunday, June 23, 2013

Old thoughts...

Since I do tend to write things down, I had some old thoughts that never made it to this blog...

I had been jogging one day and ran behind this girl who was listening to music.  Not uncommon, however, she did have her ear phones on to the point that she was oblivious to anything or anyone around her.  Normally runners are at least somewhat aware of their surroundings, especially on a trail.  So I came up behind her and as I passed her, she yelled the biggest cuss word.  I didn't expect it and she just said she didn't even see or hear me.  I don't know, but if you're jogging by yourself, at least be aware of your surroundings so that nothing bad happens to you.  Please!

Speaking of bad things, I did have leaves or bugs fall on me.  Yes, I consider that bad because I didn't really want to know which it was and it scared me.  :-)  You wonder how bugs can fall on me?  Well, I run under a lot of trees, so yes it's possible.  Also, when I jogged with no glasses or contacts, the shadows take on a whole different meaning.  Those shadows were a deterrent and inspiration at the same time.  I didn't know what to expect, but it sure made me run faster!  LOL!  

Visibility is important!  Seeing frogs is also one of those moments where you watch your step a little more careful.  All you have to do is accidentally step on one as it tries to hop away (in the same moment).  Ugh!  Gross!  Of course there was also the time I was running and thought I saw two cats.  I still don't know if that was what I saw or not.  I'm okay with not knowing. 

One thing to share that I almost feel should have it's own post, but...
I often think about that last mile when jogging.  I'm sure I share these particular thoughts with some, if not many.  That last mile (or even just close to the finish line):

  • Is a relief to know that you are "almost done"!
  • Happy because you don't have to see that line are again/anymore!
  • Kinda like relationships - Yup!
  • You tend to use that last bit of energy, or what can sometimes feel like it, just to finish faster.  Not sure where that energy was, but it makes a nice reappearance.  

Okay, so let me explain about the relationship part.  When you're in an exhausting relationship, it can be nice when you see an end to it. You'll be exhausted like crazy, but it's nice to know you're almost done.  Whether you'll be sore the next day depends on many things, but it's nice to know it's over when it is.  I had many friends going through this all at once which is why the thought came to me.  I continue to pray for all those with broken or sad hearts from relationships that didn't work out for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment