Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Strength to Keep Going...

The moon has been pretty amazing these past couple nights!  The weather has been perfect and I've loved it!  I'm still maintaining my four-mile jog.  I'm sad that Kelly had to cancel her 10k that I was working for this month, but the goal for me has not been broken.  I still want to jog to lose weight, for my health, and to get to running a 10K when she does reschedule the date. 

I realized in this frame of thought that joggers really are on their own.  It's up to each individual to push themself when no one else can or will.  Joggers have to have their own inner strength that pushes them to the next level.  When your legs are aching and want to stop, you push them to keep going.  And I know from experience that pushing through that will matter and you can do it.  When you don't want to do that extra mile, but push yourself to do it, it makes all the difference in your accomplishment.  Getting up early, staying up late or just finding a way to run when you're beyond tired takes a certain kind fof committment.  We all have our off days, but there really is a certain individual strength that joggers have that no one can take away. 

Many joggers are beyond my committment level, but that's okay, because it's what works for me.

Just like the stars in the sky shine brightly no matter what the weather, we can all stand out in our own way.  It just takes the strength to continue when you want to give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment