Sunday, September 11, 2011

Can't ride a bike...

No, that doesn't mean I don't know how, it just means I can't do it on a long term basis.  I don't understand how people can sit on a bike for so long with triathlons or bike outings or such.  My behind hurts after a few minutes on that, so I just don't get it.  When I'm jogging and I see them ride by in pairs or by themselves with their little "bike outfit" on (you know what I'm talking about), I can't help but wonder how long they've been riding and why I feel like I'm the only one with this problem.  Oh well.  I'll just keep jogging.

I don't know where everyone jogs, but I jog in my neighborhood and there are a few things I dislike about jogging.  1)  The uneven sidewalk that causes me (yes, it's the sidewalks fault) to almost sprain my ankle.  2) The bugs I almost step on or possums that I see running toward me that I keep thinking are cats.  It's only happened twice now, but it's a little freaky.  I really thought it was a cat and just glad it went into the gutter and the other one just kept chasing that cat around to the back of that house.  3) The tan lines my socks give me.  I guess I could just buy new socks that would help with this problem, but unless I'm willing to run in sandals, I think I'm going to have a little bit of this problem no matter what kind of socks I wear. 

What I love...When my legs are aching and I push myself to keep going no matter what.  After a while, the ache goes away and my body finally decides to agree with my jogging.  It's a great feeling to know that I didn't give up.  I'm just glad I'm running 5K's around my neighborhood.  I really want to get in shape and can't jog as often as I'd like, so I want to make the most of it when I can.  (It sounds a lot better to say I ran a 5K than "almost 4 miles".)   :D

No comments:

Post a Comment