Thursday, September 8, 2011

Memories

I started thinking about random memories.  The time I ran away from school and ended up living with my principal for the summer.  His family was awesome and I even got to go to Michigan with them.  It was a drive from New Mexico that was just a really nice family experience.  I remember when I went water skiing for the first time.  I had a wedge the whole time, but I was half-standing and riding those skis, so I wasn’t about to move and risk falling.  I fared well enough and am glad to say I water skied!  

I’ve been snow skiing once and, yes, I stayed on the bunny hill the whole time.  I’m okay with that though because at least I learned how to do it in half a day to be on my own with my friends for the rest of it.  If only my ski pants hadn’t stopped falling down.  They were not mine and they were over my own pants, but someone thought I needed the “extra” wind breaker.  Oh well! I skied.  And falled! ;-)  Many times!

I started thinking about my best friend from kindergarten.  I wonder what Angelia is up to these days.  I saw her sister Renee in college at SWAU, but that’s the last time I saw a blast from my past.  I miss her, but it’s crazy to realize that I remember her from that long ago.  Talk about going way back.  I even remember our friend Angelo as well.  His dad owned a funeral home.  I wonder where life has taken my kindergarten friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment