Saturday, September 17, 2011

What the heck?

So I went jogging in the morning (10'ish) last Sunday for about 40-45 minutes.  The next day I had a bit of a sunburn. Nothing hurt.  My face was just dry and slightly peeling.  I've always been a friend to the sun, so why does it do this to me?  I never have to wear sunscreen because my skin is always compatible with the sun.  ;-)  I've been lucky that way...up until now anyway.   Sun, you win! You're much more powerful than me and I've seen the damage you can do. 

So then I jog at night and although it's almost 11pm, I have shadows all around me.  (Sorry I'm jogging so late mom, but it's the only time that I can fit it into my schedule most days.)  Turns out those three shadows following me were my own.  It's still scary and left me only running two miles instead of three.

Not sure I can run a 10K next month, but I haven't given up on the idea yet.  I'm just hoping that I can at least do the 5K to be consistent with running Kelly's racewithadvocare.com.  I want to be a friend (and help myself in a good way of course) and support her just by being there and supporting what she does.  I do support it.  Heck, that's why I bought into her business and buy Spark all the time.  Thanks Kelly!

So...no more early morning running.  At night, I'm going to get myself pumped up to ignore the shadows and not feel so scared.  My heart is beating enough as it is.  (Mom, I'll try late evening as opposed to 11pm.)

Oh yeah, and I was stupid enough to try sprinting now and again.  That was so dumb, but I think I kinda liked it..  It wore me out and I for sure felt it the next morning.  Hhhmmmm, there might be something to this sprinting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment