Sunday, September 25, 2011

Put your behind in your past...

"It is what it is."  I really hate that phrase.  I can't remember the relation being made to something positive.  It's usually something bad that's already happened that you can't do anything about.  I suppose that really is all you can say when there's no other words, but there's just so much with this comment that tells me it could've been changed. 

When we make mistakes we try not to repeat those mistakes, right?  At least for the most part anyway.  What bugs me about people is when they chose not to learn from their mistakes.  Unfortunately this goes for many people.  Sometimes we choose the consequences over giving up the action.  We are, however, human.  I am human.

I started to think about writing my own history.  I think back to certain memories I've had that I don't want to forget.  I've made my mistakes, for sure, over my life (and continue to do so) but it's the path of life that gets us to where we are.  Living with regrets sucks so why do it.  Accept it and move on.  Even if you're living with regret now...is there anything you can do about it?   If so, do it.  If not, move on.  If it will take time, accept that and move on. 

As Timon and Pumbaa have stated so well,
Pumbaa: It's like my buddy Timon always says: you got to put your behind in your past.
Timon: No, no no. Amateur. Sit down before you hurt yourself. It's "You got to put your past behind you."

No comments:

Post a Comment